I feel seriously honored to get this little thing and I’m really excited to do this. Big, big thank you to Capital Clips for the award!
Come on, I’m not the only one who looks for her own name on all the awards lists! This is the first time someone actually tagged me! Yay. Usually I use blog awards lists to fatten my already-way-too-long subscription list in Google Reader.
Plus, I don’t know who reads this besides my mom (Hi, Mom!) and Judy (Hi, Judy!) so it’s really cool that other people know this exists AND think I’m cool enough to win an award. Though after this post, people may think twice (ego, much?).
The 7×7 Link Award comes with some strings. I have to give links to 7 posts of mine in 7 categories, and I get to tag 7 other people.
- MOST HELPFUL – To be honest, I don’t think I’m very helpful. But if one post has to get it, it’s probably one of my Tokyo posts about where we went on vacation. Someone visiting Tokyo might find that helpful, though because I posed every night, exhausted, typing on the iPad, they don’t have addresses or any of the normal information a tourist might need.
- MOST POPULAR – This post the day that we left the onsen and window shopped in Shimokitazawa. I was writing the blog, at that point, for a few friends and family members who wanted to keep tabs on our trip, so I was surprised that so many people around the world were reading.
- MOST BEAUTIFUL – Hands down, the most beautiful pictures came from Day 7 in Japan when we visited Kamakura, the city of temples. If we could go back for only one day, that’s where I’d want to be.
- MOST CONTROVERSIAL – Um. None of them? I try to stay away from that stuff. But since I have to choose, my post about sweater organizing could be controversial in some very niche, small circles of very organized people in a strange parallel universe.
- MOST SURPRISINGLY SUCCESSFUL – My post on lead being found in lipstick. I blogged it because I was worried and because I had just impulse purchased three tubes of lipstick. And it got oddly high stats online!
- MOST UNDER RATED – For totally personal reasons, I pick this post about how I don’t feel harried when the busy things I am doing are musical. It helped me sort out my mind and feel less guilty about spending time singing and not doing other things (like laundry, yeesh!).
- MOST PRIDE WORTHY- Hm. Looking back I think I’m most proud of (recently) taking these pictures on my cell phone during a walk in the park!
Time to bestow the 7×7 Link Award on some new folks:
- Two Betties http://twobetties.com/
- Erin’s Library http://erinslibrary.blogspot.com/
- Mandoo and Lumpia (even though she’s moving and probably won’t see this!) http://mandooandlumpia.com/
- Liz at One Twenty Five http://one-twenty-five.tumblr.com/
- Sarah at Nobody Puts Sarah in the Corner http://nobodyputssarahinthecorner.wordpress.com/
- Probably Tabitha http://probablytabitha.com/
- Kim at Life After Sweeden http://kimoswell.wordpress.com/2012/03/23/walk-with-me/