Concert this weekend!
Despite a bunch of us singers being sick, I’d say we sound pretty darn good!
Want to hear Haydn’s The Creation? Get tickets at http://www.longbeachchorale.org!
Now if we can just move this pesky machinery…
I’m playing blog tag, with Kana from Kana’s Chronicles.
Since she tagged her readers, and I am one of them, I am totally playing this game.
If you want to play too, here are the rules:
“Post the rules (check!)
- Answer the 11 questions the tagger set for you in their post
- Create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
- Tag eleven people & let them know”
Some darn good questions by Kana that I’ll answer, and my questions for the new tag players are below! Please let me know in comments if you are playing so we can link back!
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Um.. if we are going for honesty here, that would be sunscreen. I did it on a dare as a kid, and said it tasted like chicken. It did not taste like chicken. It tasted like chemicals.
- What’s the kindest thing that a stranger has ever done for you?
Someone in line at the store once told me I had beautiful eyes. I was feeling pretty crappy that day and it really made my day to get a compliment from a perfect stranger. I’m sure there are other things, but that’s the one that comes to mind.
- What’s something you’re great at?
Organizing things. I don’t always keep it up, but I am a darn good organizer!
Totally organized closet
- What’s something you’re terrible at?
Math. Not really a surprise given my creative/English/writing tendencies.
- Who’s your favorite superhero (and why)?
I’m not really a reader of comic books, but I gotta say Wonder Woman. She wears a pretty sexy and uncomfortable-looking outfit and she still kicks super villain butt.
- What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
That would be my roommate and a rousing game of Draw Something. Oh man, I am addicted.
- What’s your least favorite Rule to follow? (Do you follow it?)
The Oxford comma. Just kidding. Um, probably property lines. I am not good at not trespassing, particularly on city or public property. I’m the public. Your stupid closing hours mean nothing to me! But I’ve never been arrested for it, so that’s a plus.
- What’s the ring-tone on your phone?
“All the Pretty Girls” by fun. And “Dangerous” by House of Heroes.
- What quirky habit are you willing to confess to?
Just one?! I always check the ‘walk’ button to see if someone stuck a needle in before I push it, because I read some horror news thing as a kid where someone put a needle in and the person trying to cross the street got stuck with it. Scary stuff. Ditto for movie theater seats. Can’t be too careful..
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? (Any resemblance to your life now?)
Oh boy… I wanted to be a gymnast but I was too tall, a jockey but couldn’t for the same reason. I wanted to be a barrel racer but didn’t get horse back riding lessons. I wanted to be a ballerina in the first grade. And in sixth grade I decided to be a writer. And here I am!
Now it’s your turn!
Please answer my 11 questions in your own blog or in comments!
1. What was the last truly crazy thing you did?
2. When was the last time you left the country and where did you go?
3. Do you have sentimental attachment to any pieces of furniture?
4. What is your favorite season and why?
5. What are your top 3 songs to listen to at the gym/while working out?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever done?
7. Is there anything you have seen as failure but later been glad for?
8. What are your comfort TV shows?
9. Do you have an opinion on Google’s privacy rules?
10. What charity activity do you regularly participate in?
11. What kind of pets do you have and what are their names?
Thanks for playing!!